Guide to the Right Moving Box for the Right Job
The whole point of transporting your possessions in moving boxes is to protect them, so here are some guidelines to proper cartons and packing materials.
- 1.5 cube (small) size 17 x 12-3/8 x 12-3/8: Books, magazines, photo albums, canned goods, grain products, hand tools and other heavy items
- 3 cube (medium) size 101/8 x 18 x 16: Small lampshades, small kitchen appliances (toasters/coffee maker/can opener/iron), pots/pans, shoes, hats and small breakables
- 4.5 cube (large) size 18 x 18 x 24: Medium lampshades and small or medium kitchen appliances (upright mixer, wok, etc.)
- 6 cube (extra large) size 23 x 23 x 20: Large lampshades and other items too large to fit into 4.5-cube cartons
- Dishpack (china barrel) size 18 x 18 x 28: Dinner place settings, stemware, crystal or glassware, figurines, table lamps, vases, small pictures, mirrors/glass shelves
- Flat Screen TV Carton : Specially designed carton that provides added protection when transporting a flat screen TV
- Mirror (2 or 4 section) narrow boxes: Pictures, artwork, glass tabletops (less than 7 square feet), dresser mirrors or other high-value items
- Upright Wardrobe : Specially designed carton equipped with a metal bar to hang garments or floor-to-ceiling drapes
- Mattress Cartons : Available in different sizes: Crib/Twin/Dbl/Q/K matts
- Miscellaneous : Pole lamps, golf clubs, fishing rods, rifles or shotguns
- “Newsprint” paper : Be careful using newsprint as wrapping material. Newspaper ink has a tendency to rub off is very difficult to remove it from items such as fine china.
- Corrugated or Interleaved Sheets : For placement between dishes, saucers or other flat items and used to construct cylinders for delicate items.
- Tissue Paper : Stuffing fragile cups and goblets, wrapping delicate figurines or artificial flower arrangements.
- Non-tarnish Paper : Wrapping silverware, brass and pewter items.
- Brown Kraft Paper : Wrapping large items such as pictures, mirrors or lamp bases.
- Cushioned Paper : Used for easily scratched items.
- Wax Paper : For oil paintings.
- Bubble Pack or Foam Peanuts : For high-value porcelain figures, model ships or large crystal carvings.
Arrow Moving & Storage carries most of these materials both new and used. Call us today for pricing and availability! (800) 593-6683Share this: